Recipes - Maple Candied Yams - Los Angeles Salad Company
Maple Candied Yams Serves 6
Ingredients 1 bag of Los Angeles Salad Company Diced Yams or Sweet Potato Spears* *(If using the 12 oz bag, cut in half the rest of the ingredients)
6 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of all spice
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of mini marshmallows
Directions 1. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
2. Butter generously a baking dish approx. 9" by 13". Arrange the yams or sweet potato evenly in the dish. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar, on medium-low heat. Mix in 1/4 cup of water, allspice and salt, and bring to a boil. Add maple syrup and reduce heat to simmer the mixture for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture over the yams or sweet potato. With a spoon, turn the pieces over so they are completely coated with the liquid.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, turn the pieces of yams or sweet potato over, Replace the foil and continue baking another 20 minutes.
6. Raise the oven temperature to 475 °F. Continue baking until the yams or sweet potato becomes golden-brown.
7. Remove from oven, place the mini marshmallow on top of the yams or sweet potato and replace in the oven for about 5 minutes. The marshmallow should be slightly toasted.
8. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before serving.