Recipes - Stuffed Sweet Round Squash - Los Angeles Salad Company
Stuffed Sweet Round Squash
Ingredients 6 Los Angeles Salad Company Sweet Round Squash
1 small fennel bulb*
1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 lb (225 g) of ground turkey
1/2 diced onion
1/2 small celery root, peeled and diced
1 carrot, chopped
1 minced garlic clove
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp of dry thyme
1/2 tsp of dry oregano
1/2 tsp of dry dill
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup of chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
*Fennel bulb may be replaced with 2 stalks of celery and 1/2 tsp of fennel or anise seed.
1. Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
2. To start the stuffing mix, halve the fennel bulb, discard core and cut bulb into small chunks.
3. Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, heat olive oil, and brown turkey, onion and celery root. Add fennel, carrot, garlic and seasoning, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
4. Add stock and remove from heat.
5. Cut off and save the squash tops.
6. Scoop out the seeds, then fill the squash with the stuffing mix.
7. Cover with the squash tops.
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the squash flesh is soft.