Recipes - Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad - Los Angeles Salad Company
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Serves 6
1 lb of Los Angeles Salad Company Brussels Sprouts (about 1/2 a bag)
2 heads romaine lettuce
1 block fresh parmesan cheese, shaved
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter butter
pinch of Maldon sea salt (or regular sea salt) and fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. For vinaigrette, place all ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid or blender. Shake or blend until emulsified.
2. Finely chop brussel sprouts. (can use a mandolin or knife)
3. Chop romaine leaves
4. Place brussels sprouts and romaine in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry. Put in mixing bowl.
5. Melt butter and add breadcrumbs. Lightly toast crumbs.
6. Add cranberries, 1/2 the breadcrumb mixture and salt/pepper to lettuce/brussel sprouts in bowl. Toss with dressing.
7. Top each serving with parmesan cheese and remaining breadcrumbs.