Recipes - Butternut Squash Soup - Los Angeles Salad Company
Butternut Squash Soup Serves 8
Ingredients 1 (2 lb) tray of Los Angeles Salad Company Butternut Squash
1 diced small onion
2 tbsp of olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of milk
1/4 tsp of thyme
1 tsp of allspice
salt and pepper to taste
Directions 1. In a large pot, heat oil or spray nonstick spray.
2. Toss in onion, butternut, allspice and thyme, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups of chicken broth ( for thicker consistency use 1 cup) and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool down for about 30 minutes. (You may also stir in about 6 to 10 ice cubes if you are rushed for time.)
6. With an immersion (hand held) blender, purée the butternut squash and broth mixture.
7. Gradually add milk, while using the blender.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.