Frequently Asked Questions
- 1- Can I freeze your product?
- Raw produce should not be frozen. In order to freeze produce, you should follow the instructions below. If you place fresh beans in the freezer without cooking them, the cold temperature will cause chill damage.
DIRECTIONS FOR FREEZING FRESH BEANS:
- Put the green beans into rapidly boiling water, cover the pot and boil them for 3 minutes.
- Use a large slotted spoon to remove the green beans from the boiling water and immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the
cooking. Keep them in the ice water for 3 minutes. Drain them well.
- If you have a vacuum sealing system, now is a great time to use it. If you don't, put the green beans into resealable plastic bags. Make sure you get as much air out of the resealable plastic bag as possible to help prevent freezer burn.
- 2- How can I cook your product?
- Please consult our Recipes page for cooking instructions. Click on the different products on the left to see their recipes.
3- How can I purchase or order your product?
- Los Angeles Company serves foodservice distributors and retail chains. We don't sell directly to the end consumer. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any additional information.
4- Where is your product grown?
- You will find the Country of Origin on the bag, the label or the code date sticker. We grow our products in the United States, Mexico and Guatemala. Our fields and packing facilities abroad are run under American Standards.
- 5- Is your product pre-washed?
- Our products are pre-washed and ready to cook. However, we always recommend washing a second time if you are eating the vegetable raw.
- 6- Are your seeds GMO (Genetically Modified Organism)?
- Our products don't come from genetically modified organism.
- 7- What's your mailing address?
- 623 West La Habra, blvd La Habra, Ca. 90631
- 8- How can I reach you?
- By email at email@example.com, by phone at 626-322-9000 or by fax at 626-968-5025. Our toll-free phone number is 1-866-LASALAD (1-866-527-2523).